Resources & Articles from Eyecare Medical Group in Portland Maine
Cataract Treatment at EMG
- Facts about Cataract treatment are available from the National Eye Institute, which is the primary source of information about Cataracts within the National Institutes of Health.
- NIH Senior Health is a resource for learning about Cataract symptoms, diagnosis and treatment as well as frequently asked questions about Cataracts.
- WedMD can help you understand the warning signs of Cataracts and their treatment.
- Glaucoma Research Foundation is a United States based non-profit organization that provides details about Glaucoma education, research findings and background health information.
- National Eye Institute is the primary source of information about Glaucoma within the National Institutes of Health.
- The Glaucoma Foundation is a not-for-profit organization committed to leading the fight against Glaucoma and to identifying new treatments and cures.
- NIH Senior Health is a resource for learning about Glaucoma symptoms, diagnosis and treatment as well as frequently asked questions about Glaucoma.
- Glaucoma: Keeping up with Advances
- Glaucoma: New Approaches for Detection and Treatment by Dr. Samuel P. Solish.
- Information about Macular Degeneration is available from the National Eye Institute, which serves as the primary source of research and patient education regarding Macular Degeneration within the National Institutes of Health.
- The Macular Degeneration Network is a large type website dedicated to helping patients learn about Macular Degeneration.
- American Health Assistance Foundation (AHAF) was established in 1997 to fund research on and educate the public about Macular Degeneration. The Macular Degeneration Research Program of AHAF supports basic research into the causes and potential treatments of this disease.
- Facts about Diabetic Retinopathy and its symptoms, diagnosis and treatment are available from the National Eye Institute.
- The Mayo Clinic offers a comprehensive overview of the causes of Diabetic Retinopathy, its treatment and suggestions for preventing serious vision loss from this Diabetes related eye disease.
- Senior Health provides a detailed review for patients on the causes and risk factors for Diabetic Retinopathy as well as symptoms, detection and treatment options.
Retinal Detachment & Tears
- Information about Retinal Detachment and tears including causes, signs, symptoms and treatment.
- National Eye Institute provides publications about Retinal Detachment including a detailed review and explanation of the critical symptoms such as an increase in the number of floaters and/or light flashes in the eye or a curtain over the field of vision.
The links and information provided in this section should not in any way substitute for thorough consultation and the advice of a qualified health care professional nor do they constitute an endorsement by Eyecare Medical Group or its medical and non-medical staff.