Richard France, MD
Cataract Surgeon, Ocular Immunology & Uveitis Specialist
“With all of the intrinsic rewards of being a physician, it had always been difficult for me to decide on a passion to which I should dedicate my career. That is, until I was exposed to the field of ophthalmology. As ophthalmologists, we are afforded the incredible challenge and privilege to care for our patients’ highly-valued ocular health and vision. What ultimately made ophthalmology the obvious choice for me was the excitement that comes with intraocular microsurgery while striking the perfect balance between medicine and surgery in such an incredibly rewarding way. Being a part of a team that shares such values and excitement only enhances that reward!”
- State University of New York (SUNY) – Upstate Medical University
- Residency: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Fellowship: New York Eye and Ear infirmary of Mount Sinai
Publications and Posters
- An Unusual Presentation of Sarcoidosis. EyeNet Magazine, American Academy of Ophthalmology. Lee, R., Giovinazzo, J., France, R., Llop, S.
- IgG4-Related Ophthalmic Disease Presenting as Meningitis and Panuveitis. Case Reports in Ophthalmic Medicine. Mavrommatis, M., Avila, S., France, R.
- Birdshot Chorioretinopathy Remission Study: The Role of Immunomodulatory Therapy in Achieving Sustained, Long term Drug-Free Remission. Crowell, E., France, R., Thorne, J., Jabs, D.
- Leukocoria in a 2 year-old boy. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. Yonekawa, Y., France, R., Shah, A., Vanderveen, D.
- Approach to Orbital Disease: A case of bilateral cavernous sinus thrombosis. New York Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Outdoor Enthusiast
- I think Dr. France is exceptional, and probably a briliant surgeon. He was kind, astonishingly patient, reassuring, clear, willing to take time to consider my questions and to answer them both with clear, authoritative answer and with kindness, anticipating my concerns and reassuring me even before I could voice them. I think he is gifted, and building a gifted surgical team.
- I have recommended Dr. France to several people. He is informative, caring, and takes lots of time for questions.
- I cannot begin to say enough about Dr. France. If I had a third eye that needed surgery – he would be my guy. Already recommended him to a friend on the tennis court.
- Cataract and Anterior Segment Surgery
- Ocular Immunology & Uveitis
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
- Comprehensive Clinical Ophthalmology